Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend Markets

I've been trying to curb my spending lately, but it's hard to be frugal when there have been so many great markets! On Saturday there was the Merri Creek School Fete. Is it weird that I love school fete's? The ones in Melbourne are great, there's always good food, and plants for sale, and they even sell beer and wine! I always forget until I get there about the packs of over excited children…





Also this weekend was the brilliant Finders Keepers Market. I thought it would bum me out going along to this and trying not to spend a lot of money, but these markets are so huge, and I get really indecisive about buying things. It was really nice to wander round just looking without the pressure of deciding what to buy and what not to buy.





These pics above were all taken by Mr Meet-Cute.

Who am I kidding?! Of course I couldn't leave Finders Keepers empty handed! I got these prints below, by Beci Orpin, and the second is by Amy Borrell. I love them! I got them from the Frankie magazine stall, and all proceeds go towards the Red Cross and relief for recent world disasters. The flowers I picked up at the school fete :-)


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I spy vintage pillowcases, those are my weakness!! Love the prints you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I didn't realise those fabrics were pillowcases, but there it is in the photo! I Love the prints too. I thought I might frame them but I had to get them up on my walls as soon as I got home, so framing is going to have to wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...