Monday, May 16, 2011

Treats from Swedenland



I have a huge crush on all things Swedish, so of course I loooove Ikea! But I didn't discover Ikea's Swedish Food Store until my good Swedish pal Carin introduced me to it's delights. Salmon roe paste may not be to everyone's tastes, but I am quite into it. Apparently the Swedes eat it for breakfast on these huge rye crackers, or knäckebröd, sometimes with cucumber slices, as per below, or with slices of cold potato - those crazy Swedes! I prefer mine later in the day with a nice cool glass of pear or cloudberry cider.




2 comments:

  1. those little bilar candy cars arent bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, Swedish treats! We used to love Daim (Dime) bars my Swedish friends used to bring over to London, mmmm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...