Monday, July 25, 2011

Chai Time





A few years ago I went to an Indian cooking class taught by my friend's Mum. We made paneer from scratch, saag paneer curry, raita, ghee, dhal, chappatis, pulao rice, halwa (semolina pudding), and chai tea. It was all so delicious and amazing and actually easier than I'd thought. I got so excited about how great cooking classes were and vowed to take more. Of course, I haven't taken any since! But I have been getting right back into making chai - which would have to be one of the easiest things we learnt.

This chai is so spicy and peppery, it's perfect for drinking on cold Winter evenings. And once you have the spices the only fresh ingredients you need are ginger and milk (which can be substituted for soy, btw). Cheers!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...