Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Easy Eats: Busy People's Bread





Although I love cooking (and eating!) I never really attempt anything too complicated, or that will have me stuck in the kitchen all day. So when I heard about Annabel Langbein's 'Busy People's Bread' I thought it couldn't be more perfect. I have made bread before, and I love it, but what with all the rising and kneading, you need to be at it all day to accomplish such deliciousness. With this recipe you can have homemade bread on your table in around an hour!

The recipe says to use seeds but you can modify this to taste, or just use whatever you have on hand. I've made it before when I had no bread at home and I was too lazy to go out and buy any, and I threw in fresh basil, and grated up the hard end bit of a block of parmesan that had been lying around the fridge for months. The result was pretty bloody good. With this latest loaf I used sunflower seeds and poppy seeds, and ate it with lashings of butter and Melbourne Rooftop Honey.




1 comment:

  1. I love this bread, especially hot out the oven with lots of butter. Sooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...